About The Thingery
The Thingery Inc. is the parent organization of neighbourhood Thingery branches and is focused on the development of community owned lending libraries of things (a Thingery). We work with local community members to understand who wants to be involved, what items can be shared and what locations are available to host a Thingery. We then work closely with the local community group to establish a local branch (a non-profit co-operative), get site approval from local municipalities, and get the Thingeries up and running. More information is available on our website at www.thethingery.com
This is a seasonal contract position and requires 30 hours/week. It will run from May – September 2018 with the possibility of an extension.
Pay range: $20 – $25/hour depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep knowledge and understanding of the Thingery and its mission
- Acquire an understanding of the equipment needs for each Thingery site
- Coordinate the acquisition of all equipment for Thingery sites, including equipment donations and purchasing
- Monitor equipment usage for each Thingery site using the Thingery’s inventory management software
- Ensure each Thingery site is clean, safe, and organized
- Ensure all Thingery equipment is in good working order and properly inventoried in the Thingery’s inventory management software
- Preparing monthly inventory reports for each Thingery site in collaboration with the Co-operative Development Officer
Qualifications of the applicant
- One year of experience repairing and maintaining equipment
- One year experience with customer service
- Experience working with CRM software
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in a professional manner
- Be a part of building an amazing new social venture
- Grow your personal network by meeting and working with local sharing economy start-ups
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9th, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you!