About The Thingery
The Thingery Inc. is the parent organization of neighbourhood Thingery branches and is focused on the development of community owned lending libraries of things (a Thingery). We work with local community members to understand who wants to be involved, what items can be shared and what locations are available to host a Thingery. We then work closely with the local community group to establish a local branch (a non-profit co-operative), get site approval from local municipalities, and get the Thingeries up and running. More information is available on our website at www.thethingery.com
This is a seasonal contract position and requires 35 hours/week. It will run from August – October 2018 with the strong possibility of an extension.
Pay range: $20 – $25/hour depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep knowledge and understanding of the Thingery and its mission.
- Develop and implement a communications/marketing strategy for the organization that includes social media, paid advertising and more.
- Be the main point of contact for all member inquiries and registration. This includes supporting members with online and phone support.
- Develop and grow the customer service strategy, including: support protocols and procedures, an online chat service and FAQ’s for members.
- Help in promoting community events.
- Full management of all marketing channels.
Qualifications of the applicant
- Experience with WordPress and social media management platforms
- Has experience developing content for social media and marketing
- At least 1 year of experience in community engagement
- Basic familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop preferred but not required
- Has a proven track record for meeting project deadlines
- Be a part of building an amazing new social venture
- Grow your personal network by meeting and working with local sharing economy start-ups
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by August 2rd, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you!