Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Conditional on Grant: This position’s funding comes from a grant. This position has not been secured but requires a candidate for funding approval. Chosen candidates will submit their information for grant application and, pending funding approval, will be hired for a 4 month position.
Criteria for Grant Program (as per grant website)
- Currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math (STEAM) and Business.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
Commitment - This is a part-time position, between 15 - 20 hours/week. The contract will commence as soon as funding is approved and end April 30th, 2021.
Compensation – Between $25- $30/hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Backstory - The Thingery supports the development and operations of neighbourhood lending libraries. The Thingery currently operates two sites in Vancouver and has been approved to install 8 more in the Vancouver area. There are a number of other regions that are interested in hosting a Thingery site and we’re now in a position to develop a strategy to support that growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gain a strong understanding of the Thingery and its work to date
- Develop a growth strategy for how the Thingery can grow into new regions
- Determine the best financing model to facilitate that growth
- Develop templates for:
▪ Intake on website
▪ Survey/Regional group connection
▪ Proposals to municipality
▪ Funding proposals
▪ Funding secured
- Strong knowledge of co-operatives
- Knowledge of community financing models
- Strong communication skills, including:
▪ Media campaigns
▪ Social media
All interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and the position will be open until filled.